6th Annual Givewell Nonprofit Forum - West & Central
|Perth||Tuesday 18th Oct 11|
|Adelaide||Thursday 20th Oct 11|
Building Resilience in the Third Sector
Now in its 6th year, the Givewell Nonprofit Forum is set for the 2011 West Coast series in October. Our theme this year is Building resilience in the third sector. The Forum brings together experts to examine the realities and challenges of running a successful, sustainable nonprofit organisation.
The 2011 series includes:
- Running a Resiilient Nonprofit Organisation: Practical case studies and a grantmakers perspective
- Sector Reform and Regulation: The National Not-For-Profit Regulator and the development of a capital market for social economy orgnaisations
- Economic Outlook: How the "new normal" economy impact on charitable giving and the business of nonprofit entitles
- Strategic Governance: Building and maintaining an effective board
- Partnership for Success: Both with business and with other nonprofits for a shared service provision
Featuring presentations from:
- The Hon Tanya Plibersek MP, Federal Minister for Human Services and Social Inclusion (via video)
- Chris Leggett, Manager, Philanthropy and Exemptions Unit, Treasury (Perth)
- Tamara Hartwich, Manager, Philanthropy and Exemptions Unit, Treasury (Adelaide)
- Jan Stewart, CEO, Lotterywest (Perth)
- Gary Storkey, Chair of the Board,Community Benefit SA (Adelaide)
The event program is provided in PDF format. This allows you view and print it high resolution. You will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader software to view these file types.
The event blog contains downloadable papers and documents as well as an open Q&A forum for all your questions before or after the event.